UPDATE: WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING ANY FURTHER VOLUNTEERS FOR 2017. THANK YOU
To make this awesome night a reality, there are hundreds of volunteers needed to serve. Before registering, look through all the job descriptions to see what fits your personality the best. All volunteers MUST have a background check for security purposes. Prior to the event, all volunteers will be required to attend a 1 hour training session. The training sessions will be held at Southminster Church.
Glossary of Terms:
- Guest: A person with special needs, age 16 or older, registered for the Prom.
- Chaperon: The parent/guardian/care-giver who brings the special needs guest to the Prom.
- Buddy: A SPC volunteer who is paired with the guest for the evening.
- Volunteer: A worker in one of the various teams associated with the Prom activities.
- Buddy Team: Accompany and assist the assigned guest throughout the night with meals and activities.
- Volunteer Check-In Team: Greet volunteers, distribute name badges and direct them to team leader.
- Guest Registration Team: Warmly greet each guest, sign them in, distribute name badges and confirm last minute info with chaperon.
- Coat Check-In Team: Help guests remove coats, label, hang them and return them at the end of the night.
- Parking Team: Maintain traffic flow in the parking areas, assign parking and provide safety for those as they walk in.
- Red Carpet Team: Assist guest down the red carpet cheering them into the facility, giving high fives and manage traffic through the doors.
- Food Service Team: Serve food to guests in the main event area and in the chaperon hospitality area.
- Shoe Shine/Make-Up Team: Pamper and take care of guests shoe shines and beauty needs.
- Activities Team: Encourage guests to participate in additional activities throughout the evening, ensuring a fun atmosphere. (Must be an extrovert and willing to do whatever it takes)
- Chaperon Hospitality Team: Creating a relaxing atmosphere away from the main event area where chaperons can unwind.
- Gift Giving Team: Assist in creating and distributing gift bags. Help each guest select gifts to take home.